When it comes to the learning process, the staff at Rosewood Academy believes that learning shouldn’t stop after school hours are over. With our before and after school programs, we offer a safe and welcoming environment for students to get the homework assistance they need, make new friends, and stay out of trouble. If you want to learn more about the ways in which our extracurricular programs can help your children thrive, read on to find all the information you need.
- Improves Socialization Skills – Extracurricular programs have been proven time and again to really help improve socialization abilities outside of the classroom. Since it can be tough to get to know others in a more structured environment, before and after-school programs provide the perfect place to interact with others within a more laidback atmosphere. We also offer games, group activities, fun field trips and summer/winter camps as well, allowing for tons of opportunities to make friends.
- Boosts Attendance – Studies have shown that regular participation in an academic program outside of school actually helps improve attendance rates. Students tend to feel more motivated to take part in regular schooling when they start to see the positive effects of their extracurricular learning sessions.
- Keeps Kids Safe – According to a statistic from the Advance Project, “Teens who do not participate in after school programs are nearly three times more likely to use marijuana or other drugs; they are also more likely to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes.” Since the afternoon is the most common time for kids to get into trouble, enrolling in a before or after school program is the easiest way to remedy that problem.
- Provides structure – By being accountable for both regular school attendance and a before and after school learning program, it forces students to become more responsible academically and socially as well. We provide a library and homework assistance so our high quality tutors can provide a reliable space for students to go to every day of the school week.
- Allows students to try out new things – Before and after school classes provide the ideal nurturing environment for students to try out new activities like arts and crafts and technology-related projects that they simply can’t do during the regular school day. By taking part in these programs, kids can discover new hobbies that they would never have discovered otherwise.
If you have a son or daughter who could benefit from extra help with academics and needs a safe place to spend time once school gets out every day, our extracurricular learning programs provide the perfect solution. To learn more about our high quality afterschool instructors, schedule of events, and classes, we are here to help. Simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out in no time!
When it comes to childhood education, the staff at Rosewood Academy believes that every student deserves the opportunity to make new friends, explore new concepts, push the limits of their creativity, and think critically about a variety of different subjects. Since we foster an environment of openness and guidance, our students are able to explore their unique learning styles in a safe and encouraging space. We understand that no two children are the same, which is why we give students the chance to become independent thinkers and forge their individual paths to success. If you are curious to learn more about what sets our curriculum apart from the rest, read on.
The overarching theme of our infants, toddlers, primary, pre-school, and pre-kindergarten programs is the combined methodology we employ from day one, using a blend of traditional and Montessori methods. We also incorporate a physical education program into our curriculum, because we believe that mental wellbeing and physical health are inextricably linked. Our staff provides students with an opportunity to hone their basic computer skills and we offer a wide array of extracurricular activities to suit a diverse set of tastes and interests.
Each and every member of our team believes that children need to be valued in order to achieve excellence in learning. We incorporate music and art lessons into our daily activities to give children a chance to really tap into their potential and have an enjoyable learning experience.
If you are looking for high quality, affordable education, Rosewood Academy has what you are looking for. For more information, simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out to you soon. We look forward to showing you what sets our learning institution apart from the rest!
Now that the summer has come to an end, Rosewood Academy is gearing up for an exciting start to the fall semester. Our staff works closely with each and every one of our students to ensure they are engaged and excited to learn, grow, and create. We know it can be tricky to transition from summer vacation to learning mode, which is why we have some tried and true tips to guarantee success at the start of the school year. If you want to help your children ease into their new routines, read on to learn more!
Supply Shopping – Get your children pumped for the school year by taking them on a shopping trip to buy fresh notebooks, new pens, some cool new clothes, and more. If you make the excursion feel exciting and fun, they will have a more positive outlook on their return to class than they would otherwise.
Family Calendar – Part of what makes going back to school so challenging sometimes, is the fact that children have to go from having totally free time to being inundated with lots of schedules and structure all at once. In order to keep the day-to-day plans stress-free and easy to digest, create a family calendar where everyone can add their homework assignments, extracurricular activities, and more.
Lunchtime Fun – Before school starts, ask for input on favorite meals and snacks so you can give your children lunches they will truly look forward to. For extra encouragement, you can leave a positive note or a special treat that will help them get through the beginning of the school year without feeling the end-of-summer blues.
Schedule a Tour – If your children are starting school in a new location and feeling nervous about finding their way around, you can set up a tour to familiarize them with the layout of the building, classrooms, and more. A tour is a great opportunity to meet some of the staff and get all your questions answered, which should help ease the transition that much more.
At the Rosewood Academy, we are here to make the leap from summer break into the school year a smooth and easy one. If you would like to learn more about our programs and to schedule a tour, visit our contact form and reach out to us today! We are here to make the learning experience as fulfilling and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to hearing from you soon!