When it comes to the learning process, the staff at Rosewood Academy believes that learning shouldn’t stop after school hours are over. With our before and after school programs, we offer a safe and welcoming environment for students to get the homework assistance they need, make new friends, and stay out of trouble. If you want to learn more about the ways in which our extracurricular programs can help your children thrive, read on to find all the information you need.
- Improves Socialization Skills – Extracurricular programs have been proven time and again to really help improve socialization abilities outside of the classroom. Since it can be tough to get to know others in a more structured environment, before and after-school programs provide the perfect place to interact with others within a more laidback atmosphere. We also offer games, group activities, fun field trips and summer/winter camps as well, allowing for tons of opportunities to make friends.
- Boosts Attendance – Studies have shown that regular participation in an academic program outside of school actually helps improve attendance rates. Students tend to feel more motivated to take part in regular schooling when they start to see the positive effects of their extracurricular learning sessions.
- Keeps Kids Safe – According to a statistic from the Advance Project, “Teens who do not participate in after school programs are nearly three times more likely to use marijuana or other drugs; they are also more likely to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes.” Since the afternoon is the most common time for kids to get into trouble, enrolling in a before or after school program is the easiest way to remedy that problem.
- Provides structure – By being accountable for both regular school attendance and a before and after school learning program, it forces students to become more responsible academically and socially as well. We provide a library and homework assistance so our high quality tutors can provide a reliable space for students to go to every day of the school week.
- Allows students to try out new things – Before and after school classes provide the ideal nurturing environment for students to try out new activities like arts and crafts and technology-related projects that they simply can’t do during the regular school day. By taking part in these programs, kids can discover new hobbies that they would never have discovered otherwise.
If you have a son or daughter who could benefit from extra help with academics and needs a safe place to spend time once school gets out every day, our extracurricular learning programs provide the perfect solution. To learn more about our high quality afterschool instructors, schedule of events, and classes, we are here to help. Simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out in no time!