The talented staff at Rosewood Academy in our Carrollton, Dallas and Frisco locations, promote education outside of the classroom whenever possible, and pride themselves on providing a nurturing, creative environment for children to play and learn. The holiday season means children of all ages are home from school, and if wanting to encourage learning while children are on break from preschool, check out a few ideas for your pre-kindergarten kiddies:
- December Holidays: Teach your children about holidays from different cultures. Numerous holidays are observed in December in addition to Christmas, including Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the Winter Solstice. If interested in broadening your children’s holiday horizons, consider creating traditional dishes together, reading books about December holidays during story time, or finding crafts centered around various celebrations.
- Holiday Questions: Find answers to holiday traditions, such as “Why do we hang stockings by the fireplace?” and “Who made the first candy cane and why?” Ask your children if they have any questions about Christmas traditions they’d like answered, and use assorted books and reputable websites to learn more about the celebrated holiday.
- Nature-Centered Crafts: Instill a love of nature in little ones by taking walks on nearby nature trails. Pick up fallen twigs, evergreen sprigs, and anything else that contributes to a “natural” Christmas tree. Remember to only use fallen objects, and create crafts for the Christmas tree in your home. If your property features an evergreen, consider having the children decorate it with their crafts.
- Community Service: Discuss the importance of giving back and helping the community with your kids. Talk about the many ways they can “be Santa” for others, and see if they don’t come up with their own ideas, such as donating presents to needy families.
These are just some of the ways to emphasize educational fun during the holidays. Talk about options with staff at our Carrollton, Frisco or Dallas area preschools, and know you’re doing your part to keep young minds stimulated when not at school.
For more on Rosewood’s preschool curriculum, extra curricular activities and community involvement, please contact Rosewood Academy today. Call (972) 512-9880 , or visit our website .
Rosewood Academy is the premier preschool in Carrollton, Dallas, and Frisco, TX. Offering early childhood education opportunities for children ages six weeks to five years, these experienced instructors have the resources and the skills to prepare your kids for elementary school and beyond. If you’re looking for quality childcare in the local community, contact Rosewood Academy to give your kid the jumpstart that they need at such an early age.
Should I celebrate the holidays with my children? To discover how participating in holiday events is important for your child’s growth, check out the following benefits, brought to you by the early childhood education experts at Rosewood Academy:
- Traditions & Values: When you celebrate the holidays with your kids, they learn about important traditions and values shared by people in their community. Additionally, learning about these holidays provides children with a great opportunity to learn about the rich cultural history behind each and every occasion.
- Family & Friends: Regardless of what holiday it is, there is usually one common thread that makes all celebrations inherently similar, which is their social element. Show your children how to celebrate the holidays and watch as they strengthen bonds with family members and build long-lasting friendships with their peers.
- Multicultural Education: While all people don’t celebrate the same holidays, each and every occasion provides an opportunity to explain to your kids the differences between people of different nationalities, religions, and races. Some people use this as a time to experience other culture’s traditions while others prefer to learn more about these from an “outsider’s” perspective.
No matter what holidays your family celebrates, everyone is more than welcome at Rosewood Academy . To learn more about their preschool program and specifics about early childhood education for your child, contact these experienced teachers at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) , (469) 287-8076 (Frisco) , or (972) 512-9880 ( Carrollton). You can also visit their website for more details.
When you’re looking for the best early childhood education options for your child, researching daycare centers and preschools can be overwhelming. Each school has its own philosophy and practices, and finding the perfect Dallas location is often a challenge.
Fortunately, Rosewood Academy has schools in Dallas, Frisco and Carrollton for convenient access to high-quality early childhood education. Highly qualified and caring teachers use a traditional preschool curriculum combined with Montessori elements, to support a well-rounded education that includes language and literacy development, early math skills, fine arts and physical education.
Not sure if Rosewood Academy is right for your child? There are plenty of glowing testimonials from happy Texas families. Anna L. of Frisco loves how much her son has learned. “Our son has learned more than we could have imagined, and all of the staff is so loving and attentive to each child. We couldn’t have picked a better place to send him.”
As Casey H. notes, Rosewood wants the parents to be just as involved as the children. “Rosewood’s commitment to family and providing great opportunities for parents to be involved in is just another reason that we can’t imagine a better place to entrust the care of our little one.”
Parents and children alike love the facilities and learn so much: “The new Rosewood Academy in Dallas is beautiful and clean, and the teachers are very knowledgeable and attentive. My daughter loves going to Rosewood and I have seen such a drastic improvement in her focus, math skills, and even her overall behavior!” – Stacy A., Carrollton
Mark T. of Dallas agrees, and notes how accomodating the preschool is: “Both of our kids are learning much more than we had hoped, and I love that my oldest is even learning sign language! My wife was concerned about going back to work and leaving our youngest, especially since she isn’t formula fed, but Rosewood has a private nursing room that allows her to breastfeed our daughter easily and comfortably.”
To find out more about why Rosewood Academy is a great choice for Dallas area families, and to learn more about their great curriculum, call or visit their website . To schedule a tour, call the Dallas school at (469) 522-3755 , the Frisco school at (469) 605-2437 , or the Carrollton school at (972) 810-6597 .
Rosewood Academy is a beacon in early childhood education. With three locations in Texas—Carrollton, Frisco and Dallas—this preschool offers comprehensive childcare services for children who aren’t yet old enough to begin kindergarten. If you’re looking for an upstanding preschool in your community, schedule a visit at Rosewood Academy today.
How can I socialize my child? Rosewood Academy is here to help. Based on current studies in early childhood education, check out the following ways in which child care services promote proper social development in children, brought to you by Rosewood Academy:
- Gain Social Skills: When your child attends Rosewood Academy, they learn the necessary social skills to thrive in school, make long-lasting friendships and transition from maternal care to the non-domestic environment.
- Prepare For Kindergarten: In order for children to properly adjust to elementary school, parents can get a head start on socializing their kids by enrolling them in a high-quality daycare center like Rosewood Academy.
- Decrease Problem Behaviors: Studies have shown that children that don’t get an opportunity to socialize before elementary school can possess fewer social skills, poorer work habits, and conflictive attitudes.
- Eliminate Attachment Insecurity: If you think you’re doing your child a favor by giving them all of your love and attention, think again. When you enroll your child in Rosewood Academy, you’re giving them the tools that they need to succeed as an individual by placing them outside of their comfort zone.
To learn more about the early childhood education programs at Rosewood Academy , visit them online , or call their office today at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas), (469) 605-2437 (Frisco) or (972) 810-6597 (Carrollton).
Your little ones are boundless wells of energy—playing, exploring, jumping, dancing, tumbling, and getting back up. Because early childhood is a crucial period of physical development, it’s important to encourage your kids to engage these energetic impulses and find active outlets to help them keep moving and developing their fine and gross motor skills. At the Rosewood Academy daycare center and preschool in Texas, fun physical activity is a major part of everyday early childhood education.
Read on to learn three ways to encourage healthy physical development at home, from the child care professionals at Rosewood Academy:
- Make Time For Exercise: Be sure that movement and physical activity play a regular role in your family routine. Taking a family walk, building forts, and staging relay races are all fun ways to get the whole family moving.
- Get Loud: Quiet time is an important part of childhood—and a sanity-saver for parents—but noise is a healthy part of play, and kids need the freedom to indulge in occasional noisy, vigorous playtime to burn off energy.
- Limit Screen Time: Kids today are surrounded by screens of all sizes, from TVs to tablets. Unfortunately, the sedentary lifestyle associated with these various devices has overtaken the vibrant lifestyle kids need. Placing limits on screen time will have a positive effect on children, encouraging them to get up and seek other more active pastimes.
Rosewood Academy is proud to serve the Dallas area with top-quality preschool curriculum blending Montessori and traditional early childhood education styles. To learn more, call the preschool daycare center at (972) 512-9880 (Carrollton), (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) or (469) 287-8076 (Frisco), or visit their website .