If you’re a parent of young children living in the Carrollton, Frisco, or Dallas, Texas areas, look no further than Rosewood Academy for the top preschool and after school programs. In fact, according to Youth.Gov , a U.S. government website dedicated to promoting and strengthening effective programs for youth, enrolling your child in an after school program poses many beneficial factors, including.
These beneficial factors include the following five things:
- Improves Academic Performance: After school programs have been shown to boost academic performance among youth, according to a national evaluation. According to this study, 40% of students who participated in some sort of after school program saw an improvement in their reading and math grades.
- Improves Classroom Behavior: In addition to improving academics, after school programs have also been shown to improve classroom behavior among students, including their school attendance record and even their classroom effort and participation.
- Reduces Criminal Behavior & Drug Use: After school programs are an excellent alternative to leaving your children unattended after school until a parent arrives home from work. When enrolled in these programs, children are exposed to a positive environment and role models, lessening the likelihood they’ll find themselves in troubling situations, like drug use and other criminal behavior.
- Encourages Physical Activity: Oftentimes, children arrive home from school only to sit and play video games or watch T.V. To promote a healthy, active lifestyle, consider enrolling your children in an after school program where they’ll have the opportunity to participate in fun and engaging activities.
- Encourages Relationship-Building: When enrolled in an after school program, kids have the opportunity to socialize and build positive friendships with other children their age. Learning relationship-building skills is something they’ll carry with them throughout life.
To learn more about how kids benefit from after school programs, contact the Rosewood Academy instructors today at (972) 512-9880. Rosewood Academy has three convenient locations in Carrollton, Frisco, and Dallas, Texas, and offers an array of programs specially designed for young children of all ages, including infants through 12 years old. For a complete description of their programs, including preschool classes, before and after school programs, and even summer camps, visit Rosewood Academy online .
When it comes to selecting the best Pre-K program for your child, it’s likely that you will find yourself becoming slightly overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices you have available to you. Located in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Rosewood Academy is more than simply a Preschool; they are a leader in early childhood education. As such, Rosewood Academy can provide your child with an enriching Pre-K experience that will fully prepare them to enter the wonderful world of Kindergarten.
Of course, you want to make the best possible decision so that your child is on solid footing as they prepare to make the transition to Kindergarten. There is now overwhelming evidence that children who participate in a high-quality Pre-K program enter Kindergarten more eager and ready for school than children who do not.
Rosewood has convenient locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, offering quality care and education for infants through Pre-K. The curriculum offered by Rosewood Academy mixes elements of the Montessori approach with a more traditional approach to early childhood education. Rosewood’s Pre-K program focuses on developing math and language skills while helping to awake your child’s inner explorer by introducing exciting scientific, technological, and historical concepts and ideas.
The staff at Rosewood Academy knows your child desperately needs time to simply play and embrace the wonder of their world. Along with the in-depth and engaging classroom instruction provided by Rosewood, there is ample time provided for free play and silliness, so your child develops confidence, social skills, and a sense of community and belonging.
If you would like to learn more about the ways Rosewood Academy can help your child become ready for Kindergarten, you are invited to call any of their three locations. You can also like Rosewood Academy on Facebook , or follow them on Twitter to receive regular updates.
Many parents question the purpose of enrolling their children in pre-Kindergarten. In order to prepare students for elementary school, Rosewood Academy in Carrollton, TX, has developed an age-appropriate pre-K curriculum that reflects the most recent theories and practices in early childhood education. After all, your child deserves the best.
To help you understand the benefits of pre-Kindergarten, check out these three reasons to take advantage of the pre-K curriculum at Rosewood Academy:
- The Years Before Kindergarten Are Crucial To A Child’s Development: According to Homeroom , the official blog of the U.S. Department of Education, you should enroll your kids in a quality pre-K program for many reasons. Most importantly, they note that “about 70% of the brain is developed by age one and 90% is developed by age three.” That means there’s an incredible opportunity to learn during this window!
- Younger Children Have The Capacity To Learn More Than What Was Once Believed: If you think that pre-K-aged kids are incapable of learning, think again. Homeroom also notes that a quality pre-K curriculum will take advantage of a child’s natural ability to learn important concepts, like counting. Aside from this benefit, pre-Kindergarten can also encourage proper development of social skills and behavior.
- Children Need More Than Just Daycare: At Rosewood Academy in Carrollton, they pride themselves on their innovative pre-K curriculum, which goes above and beyond most daycare centers. With all of the current trends in the United States education system, it’s important to prepare your child in every possible way to succeed in kindergarten and beyond, thus looking out for the overall trajectory of their life.
To learn more about the pre-K curriculum at Rosewood Academy, call Rosewood Academy at (972) 512-9880. Visit them online for details, and don’t forget to like them on Facebook for regular news updates and more.
A traditional preschool curriculum focuses on your child reaching specific benchmarks by a certain age, which allows them to gain a strong foundation, before entering kindergarten. However, one approach does not suit all, as children learn in different ways at different paces. The experienced educators at Rosewood Academy , with campuses in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, know that early childhood education is multi-faceted. They use a combination of traditional and Montessori methods in their curriculums, in order to maximize each child’s learning potential.
Rosewood Academy creatively mixes an accredited traditional curriculum with elements of a Montessori education. What exactly does this mean? Your student will achieve the standards required under an orthodox curriculum while interacting with engaging materials and learning through exploration and expert guidance, which are true hallmarks of a Montessori education.
This blending of learning styles will benefit your child in the following ways:
- Creativity: Childhood is a beautiful stage where young people learn how to interact not only with each other but with visuals and sound. At Rosewood Academy, art and music are essential and the Montessori-inspired aspects of the curriculum not only stimulate children’s minds but also allows them to be imaginative.
- Exploration & Manipulation: Sometimes, investigation and manipulation of a child’s surroundings within a nurturing environment are the best way for a child to study. Through theme-related materials and engagement with technology, students are able to discover information on their own.
- Purposeful Activity: There is no “busy work” at Rosewood Academy; every task leads the student to reach a clear objective. This concept is included in the academy’s Physical Education classes, and the children take part in exciting, yet meaningful physical activities that promote wellness.
Rosewood Academy has programs for 6-week-old infants to 5-year-old children in addition to before and after school programs for ages 5 to 12. Please call the Dallas location, at (469) 522-3739 , the Frisco campus at (469) 287-8076 , or the Carrollton location at (972) 512-9880 today to schedule a tour. You can also visit them online for more information.
With more and more research emerging that underscores the importance of early childhood education, parents should take particular care when considering their childcare, preschool and pre-K options. Luckily, residents in the greater Dallas, Texas area have Rosewood Academy , by their side. From excellent childcae to a comprehensive curriculum for each age level, including pre-kindergarten classes, the programs here prepare children for academic success in an engaging and supportive environment. Rosewood preschools focus on balancing a combination of a traditional curriculum with a Montessori approach.
What programs does Rosewood Academy offer? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- For Infants: Infants up to 1-year-olds take part in a program run by dedicated, specially trained teachers. They will be in an environment specifically designed to emphasize physical and cognitive development and learning through enriching activities.
- Toddler Program: Designed for toddlers ages 1 to 2, this program helps develop critical learning skills as well as independence and curiosity. Children’s cognitive and motor skills are rapidly developing at this stage, and teachers emphasize social skills development while fostering creativity and individual expression.
- Primary: Geared towards 2 to 3-year-olds, a hands-on approach to discovery and the development of learning skills is fostered by balancing structured and unstructured time. Children develop pre-literacy skills and self-expression, as well as important daily life and social skills.
- Preschool: The foundation for future academic success is created while fostering creativity and self-confidence. 3 to 4-year-olds begin to engage with a well-rounded curriculum, including math, science, language, social studies, and dramatic play, as well as arts, music, Spanish and sign language.
- Pre-Kindergarten: The goal here is to prepare 4 to 5-year-olds for kindergarten through enriching daily activities and instructional programs; building self-confidence and competence with language and reasoning. Skills in math, English, handwriting, art and other subjects are encouraged by stimulating natural curiosity.
- Before/After School Programs: Programs are also available for students between the ages of 5 to 12; Rosewood Academy offers school pick-up service, with the afterschool program allowing for homework completion, with assistance if needed, games, and group activities in a stimulating, media-rich environment.
Rosewood Academy is the perfect place to let your child gain a strong foundation. Learn more about the many early childhood education programs offered by visiting them online , or by calling the Frisco location at (469) 287-8076 , Carrollton at (972) 512-9880 , or the Dallas location at (469) 522-3739 .
When it comes to your child’s education, everything matters—including valuing each child’s individuality. The teachers and staff at Rosewood Academy are dedicated to expanding your child’s unique mind. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy believes in enhancing a traditional curriculum with elements of Montessori philosophy. Why? Because the Montessori philosophy emphasizes a child’s independence, individuality, and freedom (within limits).
When it comes to early childhood education, a traditional curriculum can benefit greatly when these Montessori elements are incorporated. For example, a traditional preschool curriculum focuses on language, speech, math, social studies, art, and science—but did you know that dramatic play allows your child to become a free thinker in all of these areas? Learning facts is extremely important, but learning to think for oneself is a much harder skill to learn. By adding creative, sensory-based activities to your child’s day, they will learn to become more of who they are.
When your child learns to make confident decisions—to listen to their own voice—your child will receive an even better education. More times than not, people become intelligent not only because of what they know but because of how they think. Montessori philosophy emphasizes cultivating each child’s unique thought process through creative, challenging, and dynamic activities.
At Rosewood Academy, your child will receive a phenomenal education. By infusing a traditional curriculum with Montessori elements, your child will learn important facts about science, math, the arts, language, and more, all while discovering how their own creative mind works.
To learn more about how your child can grow with Rosewood Academy , visit them online or on Facebook . For the Dallas location, call (469) 522-3739 ; for Frisco , call (469) 287-8076 , and for Carrollton , call (972) 810-6597 today.
It’s happened: your baby became a toddler and then, a curious kid who’s ready for preschool. You’ve done some research, you’re about to tour a preschool facility, and you’re wondering what questions to ask. Sure, you want to ask about safety and costs, but there’s so much more that needs to be addressed. Rosewood Academy wants to help you get the most out of your child care center tour. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy offers daily tours of their fantastic facilities.
Programs are available for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and after-school kids. They understand that it can be difficult for parents, especially first-timers, to know what questions to ask when touring. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- What’s Your Educational Philosophy? While it may look like the children are simply playing, quality child care centers have an early childhood education philosophy that shapes daily activities. Rosewood Academy uses a combination of traditional and Montessori education, which means kids are engaged in plenty of hands-on learning opportunities.
- What Are Your Teacher Qualifications, and what is the teacher-child ratio? These questions allow you to learn more about the quality of the preschool’s teaching staff. Ask about teacher qualifications and any professional training they receive. You will also want to ensure that teacher-child ratios are maintained; these point to the quality of care and individualized attention your child will get.
- How Do You Approach Parental Involvement and Communication? Ask about whether children receive a daily progress report, whether there is a newsletter, and how parents can be involved in special programs at the school. Rosewood Academy keeps parents up to date with activities and events through regular communication and social media.
- What Extra-Curricular Activities Do You Offer? Many preschools offer extra-curricular programs that enrich your child’s learning experience. To complement their curriculum, Rosewood Academy offers Montessori elements, educational field trips and an engaging physical education program.
Rosewood Academy makes it simple to schedule a tour: simply go online and complete this form so you can see their preschool curriculum in action. For more information, visit them online and on Facebook . You can also call the Dallas location at (469) 522-3739 , the Frisco location at (469) 287-8076 , and the Carrollton location at ( 972) 512-9880 today.
A lifetime love of learning starts at a young age. That’s why Rosewood Academy , a preschool that blends Montessori methods with traditional early childhood education, aims to foster a passion for reading in little ones by sharing stories that fit their developing cognitive abilities. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy wants to recommend the best preschool-appropriate books, so parents can continue early childhood education methods at home:
- “Harold And The Purple Crayon,” By Crockett Johnson: Rosewood Academy suggests having this longtime childhood favorite book in every preschool library. Not only will the story tickle your child’s funny bone, it will also spur their imagination, helping them in art classes and creative activities at Rosewood Academy.
- “Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day,” By Judith Viorst: People of all ages can relate to this story about a day when everything goes wrong. Rosewood Academy suggests reading it to students in preschool to help them remember to see the bright side, even when things go wrong.
- “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?,” By Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle: Another classic for preschool curriculum, this illustrated story engages pre-kindergarteners in the world around them. It will also help expand on important concepts such as observational skills and creativity, which are important components of the early childhood education program at Rosewood Academy.
The preschool program at Rosewood Academy includes a structured curriculum in arts and academics to provide students with the confidence and skills they need for school. The child care center also offers programs for students ranging from infants to 12-year-olds. If you’re looking for a high-quality preschool center, call the Dallas location at (469) 522-3755 , the Frisco location at (469) 605-2437 , or the Carrollton location at (972) 810-6597 . You can also visit their website for more information.
Childhood experts agree that preschool plays an important role in developing and enhancing cognitive and social skills. Brain development is especially rapid during the first five years in a child’s life. When a child uses all five of their senses, neural connections are made in the brain, affecting the way the child thinks, feels, and reacts, now and in the future.
Rosewood Academy , which has preschools in Carrollton, Dallas, and Frisco, Texas, offers excellent programs for infants through 5-year-olds. The highly trained teachers and administrators know how important preschool is for the development of children both socially and academically. Here are five reasons why children should go to preschool:
Preschool Promotes Language, Cognitive, & Motor Skills: Children who attend preschool have richer vocabularies and stronger math and reading skills. Infants at Rosewood Academy begin learning pre-literacy skills as early as 6 weeks. In the Toddlers Program, they learn American Sign Language. In the Primary and Preschool curriculum, they learn Spanish. Early learning such as this positively affects brain structure.
- Preschool Promotes Positive Social Development: At Rosewood Academy, children in the Toddlers Program engage in small-group activities. It’s an opportunity for them to learn to share, follow instructions, and build relationships. Children learn how to work out their own problems, but a friendly instructor is there to intervene when necessary. They have a headstart in social development and positive behavior.
- Preschool Promotes Emotional Development: Kids build self-confidence and self-worth in preschool. They discover they are capable of things. They learn to take care of themselves and others. Preschool also helps children explore and experiment. At Rosewood Academy, children in the Pre-kindergarten Program focus on self-esteem and social skills.
- Preschool Prepares Children For Kindergarten: In preschool, children learn how to raise their hands, take turns, and interact with the teacher and other students. They are filled with curiosity, which positively impacts their academic performance. Preschool builds a desire to learn well past pre-kindergarten.
- Preschool Curriculum Benefits Children Into Adulthood: Children who go to preschool are less likely to need government assistance, less likely to drop out of high school, and less likely to commit a felony. They are more likely to go to college and more likely to own a home.
Developing a strong foundation in the early years can lead to long term achievement, success, and happiness. The qualified teachers and administrators at Rosewood Academy believe strongly in Rosewood’s vision and goals for children.
In addition to preschool programs, Rosewood Academy also offers after-school programs and summer and winter camps. For more information about the programs offered, visit the Rosewood Academy website . To schedule a tour and to meet the teachers, call (469) 522-3755 for the Dallas location, (469) 605-2437 for Frisco, and (972) 810-6597 for Carrollton.