A traditional preschool curriculum focuses on your child reaching specific benchmarks by a certain age, which allows them to gain a strong foundation, before entering kindergarten. However, one approach does not suit all, as children learn in different ways at different paces. The experienced educators at Rosewood Academy , with campuses in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, know that early childhood education is multi-faceted. They use a combination of traditional and Montessori methods in their curriculums, in order to maximize each child’s learning potential.
Rosewood Academy creatively mixes an accredited traditional curriculum with elements of a Montessori education. What exactly does this mean? Your student will achieve the standards required under an orthodox curriculum while interacting with engaging materials and learning through exploration and expert guidance, which are true hallmarks of a Montessori education.
This blending of learning styles will benefit your child in the following ways:
- Creativity: Childhood is a beautiful stage where young people learn how to interact not only with each other but with visuals and sound. At Rosewood Academy, art and music are essential and the Montessori-inspired aspects of the curriculum not only stimulate children’s minds but also allows them to be imaginative.
- Exploration & Manipulation: Sometimes, investigation and manipulation of a child’s surroundings within a nurturing environment are the best way for a child to study. Through theme-related materials and engagement with technology, students are able to discover information on their own.
- Purposeful Activity: There is no “busy work” at Rosewood Academy; every task leads the student to reach a clear objective. This concept is included in the academy’s Physical Education classes, and the children take part in exciting, yet meaningful physical activities that promote wellness.
Rosewood Academy has programs for 6-week-old infants to 5-year-old children in addition to before and after school programs for ages 5 to 12. Please call the Dallas location, at (469) 522-3739 , the Frisco campus at (469) 287-8076 , or the Carrollton location at (972) 512-9880 today to schedule a tour. You can also visit them online for more information.
With more and more research emerging that underscores the importance of early childhood education, parents should take particular care when considering their childcare, preschool and pre-K options. Luckily, residents in the greater Dallas, Texas area have Rosewood Academy , by their side. From excellent childcae to a comprehensive curriculum for each age level, including pre-kindergarten classes, the programs here prepare children for academic success in an engaging and supportive environment. Rosewood preschools focus on balancing a combination of a traditional curriculum with a Montessori approach.
What programs does Rosewood Academy offer? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- For Infants: Infants up to 1-year-olds take part in a program run by dedicated, specially trained teachers. They will be in an environment specifically designed to emphasize physical and cognitive development and learning through enriching activities.
- Toddler Program: Designed for toddlers ages 1 to 2, this program helps develop critical learning skills as well as independence and curiosity. Children’s cognitive and motor skills are rapidly developing at this stage, and teachers emphasize social skills development while fostering creativity and individual expression.
- Primary: Geared towards 2 to 3-year-olds, a hands-on approach to discovery and the development of learning skills is fostered by balancing structured and unstructured time. Children develop pre-literacy skills and self-expression, as well as important daily life and social skills.
- Preschool: The foundation for future academic success is created while fostering creativity and self-confidence. 3 to 4-year-olds begin to engage with a well-rounded curriculum, including math, science, language, social studies, and dramatic play, as well as arts, music, Spanish and sign language.
- Pre-Kindergarten: The goal here is to prepare 4 to 5-year-olds for kindergarten through enriching daily activities and instructional programs; building self-confidence and competence with language and reasoning. Skills in math, English, handwriting, art and other subjects are encouraged by stimulating natural curiosity.
- Before/After School Programs: Programs are also available for students between the ages of 5 to 12; Rosewood Academy offers school pick-up service, with the afterschool program allowing for homework completion, with assistance if needed, games, and group activities in a stimulating, media-rich environment.
Rosewood Academy is the perfect place to let your child gain a strong foundation. Learn more about the many early childhood education programs offered by visiting them online , or by calling the Frisco location at (469) 287-8076 , Carrollton at (972) 512-9880 , or the Dallas location at (469) 522-3739 .
When it comes to your child’s education, everything matters—including valuing each child’s individuality. The teachers and staff at Rosewood Academy are dedicated to expanding your child’s unique mind. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy believes in enhancing a traditional curriculum with elements of Montessori philosophy. Why? Because the Montessori philosophy emphasizes a child’s independence, individuality, and freedom (within limits).
When it comes to early childhood education, a traditional curriculum can benefit greatly when these Montessori elements are incorporated. For example, a traditional preschool curriculum focuses on language, speech, math, social studies, art, and science—but did you know that dramatic play allows your child to become a free thinker in all of these areas? Learning facts is extremely important, but learning to think for oneself is a much harder skill to learn. By adding creative, sensory-based activities to your child’s day, they will learn to become more of who they are.
When your child learns to make confident decisions—to listen to their own voice—your child will receive an even better education. More times than not, people become intelligent not only because of what they know but because of how they think. Montessori philosophy emphasizes cultivating each child’s unique thought process through creative, challenging, and dynamic activities.
At Rosewood Academy, your child will receive a phenomenal education. By infusing a traditional curriculum with Montessori elements, your child will learn important facts about science, math, the arts, language, and more, all while discovering how their own creative mind works.
To learn more about how your child can grow with Rosewood Academy , visit them online or on Facebook . For the Dallas location, call (469) 522-3739 ; for Frisco , call (469) 287-8076 , and for Carrollton , call (972) 810-6597 today.