If you’re a parent of young children living in the Carrollton, Frisco, or Dallas, Texas areas, look no further than Rosewood Academy for the top preschool and after school programs. In fact, according to Youth.Gov , a U.S. government website dedicated to promoting and strengthening effective programs for youth, enrolling your child in an after school program poses many beneficial factors, including.
These beneficial factors include the following five things:
- Improves Academic Performance: After school programs have been shown to boost academic performance among youth, according to a national evaluation. According to this study, 40% of students who participated in some sort of after school program saw an improvement in their reading and math grades.
- Improves Classroom Behavior: In addition to improving academics, after school programs have also been shown to improve classroom behavior among students, including their school attendance record and even their classroom effort and participation.
- Reduces Criminal Behavior & Drug Use: After school programs are an excellent alternative to leaving your children unattended after school until a parent arrives home from work. When enrolled in these programs, children are exposed to a positive environment and role models, lessening the likelihood they’ll find themselves in troubling situations, like drug use and other criminal behavior.
- Encourages Physical Activity: Oftentimes, children arrive home from school only to sit and play video games or watch T.V. To promote a healthy, active lifestyle, consider enrolling your children in an after school program where they’ll have the opportunity to participate in fun and engaging activities.
- Encourages Relationship-Building: When enrolled in an after school program, kids have the opportunity to socialize and build positive friendships with other children their age. Learning relationship-building skills is something they’ll carry with them throughout life.
To learn more about how kids benefit from after school programs, contact the Rosewood Academy instructors today at (972) 512-9880. Rosewood Academy has three convenient locations in Carrollton, Frisco, and Dallas, Texas, and offers an array of programs specially designed for young children of all ages, including infants through 12 years old. For a complete description of their programs, including preschool classes, before and after school programs, and even summer camps, visit Rosewood Academy online .