When it comes to your child’s education, everything matters—including valuing each child’s individuality. The teachers and staff at Rosewood Academy are dedicated to expanding your child’s unique mind. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy believes in enhancing a traditional curriculum with elements of Montessori philosophy. Why? Because the Montessori philosophy emphasizes a child’s independence, individuality, and freedom (within limits).
When it comes to early childhood education, a traditional curriculum can benefit greatly when these Montessori elements are incorporated. For example, a traditional preschool curriculum focuses on language, speech, math, social studies, art, and science—but did you know that dramatic play allows your child to become a free thinker in all of these areas? Learning facts is extremely important, but learning to think for oneself is a much harder skill to learn. By adding creative, sensory-based activities to your child’s day, they will learn to become more of who they are.
When your child learns to make confident decisions—to listen to their own voice—your child will receive an even better education. More times than not, people become intelligent not only because of what they know but because of how they think. Montessori philosophy emphasizes cultivating each child’s unique thought process through creative, challenging, and dynamic activities.
At Rosewood Academy, your child will receive a phenomenal education. By infusing a traditional curriculum with Montessori elements, your child will learn important facts about science, math, the arts, language, and more, all while discovering how their own creative mind works.
To learn more about how your child can grow with Rosewood Academy , visit them online or on Facebook . For the Dallas location, call (469) 522-3739 ; for Frisco , call (469) 287-8076 , and for Carrollton , call (972) 810-6597 today.
The talented staff at Rosewood Academy in our Carrollton, Dallas and Frisco locations, promote education outside of the classroom whenever possible, and pride themselves on providing a nurturing, creative environment for children to play and learn. The holiday season means children of all ages are home from school, and if wanting to encourage learning while children are on break from preschool, check out a few ideas for your pre-kindergarten kiddies:
- December Holidays: Teach your children about holidays from different cultures. Numerous holidays are observed in December in addition to Christmas, including Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the Winter Solstice. If interested in broadening your children’s holiday horizons, consider creating traditional dishes together, reading books about December holidays during story time, or finding crafts centered around various celebrations.
- Holiday Questions: Find answers to holiday traditions, such as “Why do we hang stockings by the fireplace?” and “Who made the first candy cane and why?” Ask your children if they have any questions about Christmas traditions they’d like answered, and use assorted books and reputable websites to learn more about the celebrated holiday.
- Nature-Centered Crafts: Instill a love of nature in little ones by taking walks on nearby nature trails. Pick up fallen twigs, evergreen sprigs, and anything else that contributes to a “natural” Christmas tree. Remember to only use fallen objects, and create crafts for the Christmas tree in your home. If your property features an evergreen, consider having the children decorate it with their crafts.
- Community Service: Discuss the importance of giving back and helping the community with your kids. Talk about the many ways they can “be Santa” for others, and see if they don’t come up with their own ideas, such as donating presents to needy families.
These are just some of the ways to emphasize educational fun during the holidays. Talk about options with staff at our Carrollton, Frisco or Dallas area preschools, and know you’re doing your part to keep young minds stimulated when not at school.
For more on Rosewood’s preschool curriculum, extra curricular activities and community involvement, please contact Rosewood Academy today. Call (972) 512-9880 , or visit our website .
Rosewood Academy is the premier preschool in Carrollton, Dallas, and Frisco, TX. Offering early childhood education opportunities for children ages six weeks to five years, these experienced instructors have the resources and the skills to prepare your kids for elementary school and beyond. If you’re looking for quality childcare in the local community, contact Rosewood Academy to give your kid the jumpstart that they need at such an early age.
Should I celebrate the holidays with my children? To discover how participating in holiday events is important for your child’s growth, check out the following benefits, brought to you by the early childhood education experts at Rosewood Academy:
- Traditions & Values: When you celebrate the holidays with your kids, they learn about important traditions and values shared by people in their community. Additionally, learning about these holidays provides children with a great opportunity to learn about the rich cultural history behind each and every occasion.
- Family & Friends: Regardless of what holiday it is, there is usually one common thread that makes all celebrations inherently similar, which is their social element. Show your children how to celebrate the holidays and watch as they strengthen bonds with family members and build long-lasting friendships with their peers.
- Multicultural Education: While all people don’t celebrate the same holidays, each and every occasion provides an opportunity to explain to your kids the differences between people of different nationalities, religions, and races. Some people use this as a time to experience other culture’s traditions while others prefer to learn more about these from an “outsider’s” perspective.
No matter what holidays your family celebrates, everyone is more than welcome at Rosewood Academy . To learn more about their preschool program and specifics about early childhood education for your child, contact these experienced teachers at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) , (469) 287-8076 (Frisco) , or (972) 512-9880 ( Carrollton). You can also visit their website for more details.
When you’re looking for the best early childhood education options for your child, researching daycare centers and preschools can be overwhelming. Each school has its own philosophy and practices, and finding the perfect Dallas location is often a challenge.
Fortunately, Rosewood Academy has schools in Dallas, Frisco and Carrollton for convenient access to high-quality early childhood education. Highly qualified and caring teachers use a traditional preschool curriculum combined with Montessori elements, to support a well-rounded education that includes language and literacy development, early math skills, fine arts and physical education.
Not sure if Rosewood Academy is right for your child? There are plenty of glowing testimonials from happy Texas families. Anna L. of Frisco loves how much her son has learned. “Our son has learned more than we could have imagined, and all of the staff is so loving and attentive to each child. We couldn’t have picked a better place to send him.”
As Casey H. notes, Rosewood wants the parents to be just as involved as the children. “Rosewood’s commitment to family and providing great opportunities for parents to be involved in is just another reason that we can’t imagine a better place to entrust the care of our little one.”
Parents and children alike love the facilities and learn so much: “The new Rosewood Academy in Dallas is beautiful and clean, and the teachers are very knowledgeable and attentive. My daughter loves going to Rosewood and I have seen such a drastic improvement in her focus, math skills, and even her overall behavior!” – Stacy A., Carrollton
Mark T. of Dallas agrees, and notes how accomodating the preschool is: “Both of our kids are learning much more than we had hoped, and I love that my oldest is even learning sign language! My wife was concerned about going back to work and leaving our youngest, especially since she isn’t formula fed, but Rosewood has a private nursing room that allows her to breastfeed our daughter easily and comfortably.”
To find out more about why Rosewood Academy is a great choice for Dallas area families, and to learn more about their great curriculum, call or visit their website . To schedule a tour, call the Dallas school at (469) 522-3755 , the Frisco school at (469) 605-2437 , or the Carrollton school at (972) 810-6597 .
Rosewood Academy is a beacon in early childhood education. With three locations in Texas—Carrollton, Frisco and Dallas—this preschool offers comprehensive childcare services for children who aren’t yet old enough to begin kindergarten. If you’re looking for an upstanding preschool in your community, schedule a visit at Rosewood Academy today.
How can I socialize my child? Rosewood Academy is here to help. Based on current studies in early childhood education, check out the following ways in which child care services promote proper social development in children, brought to you by Rosewood Academy:
- Gain Social Skills: When your child attends Rosewood Academy, they learn the necessary social skills to thrive in school, make long-lasting friendships and transition from maternal care to the non-domestic environment.
- Prepare For Kindergarten: In order for children to properly adjust to elementary school, parents can get a head start on socializing their kids by enrolling them in a high-quality daycare center like Rosewood Academy.
- Decrease Problem Behaviors: Studies have shown that children that don’t get an opportunity to socialize before elementary school can possess fewer social skills, poorer work habits, and conflictive attitudes.
- Eliminate Attachment Insecurity: If you think you’re doing your child a favor by giving them all of your love and attention, think again. When you enroll your child in Rosewood Academy, you’re giving them the tools that they need to succeed as an individual by placing them outside of their comfort zone.
To learn more about the early childhood education programs at Rosewood Academy , visit them online , or call their office today at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas), (469) 605-2437 (Frisco) or (972) 810-6597 (Carrollton).
Your little ones are boundless wells of energy—playing, exploring, jumping, dancing, tumbling, and getting back up. Because early childhood is a crucial period of physical development, it’s important to encourage your kids to engage these energetic impulses and find active outlets to help them keep moving and developing their fine and gross motor skills. At the Rosewood Academy daycare center and preschool in Texas, fun physical activity is a major part of everyday early childhood education.
Read on to learn three ways to encourage healthy physical development at home, from the child care professionals at Rosewood Academy:
- Make Time For Exercise: Be sure that movement and physical activity play a regular role in your family routine. Taking a family walk, building forts, and staging relay races are all fun ways to get the whole family moving.
- Get Loud: Quiet time is an important part of childhood—and a sanity-saver for parents—but noise is a healthy part of play, and kids need the freedom to indulge in occasional noisy, vigorous playtime to burn off energy.
- Limit Screen Time: Kids today are surrounded by screens of all sizes, from TVs to tablets. Unfortunately, the sedentary lifestyle associated with these various devices has overtaken the vibrant lifestyle kids need. Placing limits on screen time will have a positive effect on children, encouraging them to get up and seek other more active pastimes.
Rosewood Academy is proud to serve the Dallas area with top-quality preschool curriculum blending Montessori and traditional early childhood education styles. To learn more, call the preschool daycare center at (972) 512-9880 (Carrollton), (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) or (469) 287-8076 (Frisco), or visit their website .
If you are looking to give your child a foundation of academic success, Rosewood Academy offers students of all ages the opportunity to make new friends, explore new ideas, and take part in engaging lessons that embrace their creativity and critical thinking skills. In terms of child development, young education is crucial in shaping the health, happiness, growth, and achievement potential. There’s a reason that people say young minds are like sponges, the first five years of life are a time of accelerated learning. Research has proven time and again that early experiences create a foundation that serves as the baseline for future organizational development and general day-to-day functioning. If your child is five or under, they are having experiences that will shape their social and emotional abilities for the rest of their lives.
As a parent, you can help create an environment in which your child can really nurture their talents and interests. Luckily, our staff is here to help you do just that! When your register your little one in our early education programs, we will cover everything from physical skills, problem-solving, language and literacy activities, vocabulary practice, sign language, and more. Our methodologies make it possible for children to become more independent, self-confident, socially capable, free-thinking, and well-rounded students; these skills will not only serve them during early development but in every future lesson that pops up both in and out of the classroom.
If you would like to learn more about the importance of early childhood development, we would love to hear from you. For answers to all your questions, and more information on our curriculum, reach out to us here , and we will get back to you shortly. We look forward to giving your child an unforgettable educational experience that will promote a love of learning for the rest of their lives.
When it comes to the learning process, the staff at Rosewood Academy believes that learning shouldn’t stop after school hours are over. With our before and after school programs, we offer a safe and welcoming environment for students to get the homework assistance they need, make new friends, and stay out of trouble. If you want to learn more about the ways in which our extracurricular programs can help your children thrive, read on to find all the information you need.
- Improves Socialization Skills – Extracurricular programs have been proven time and again to really help improve socialization abilities outside of the classroom. Since it can be tough to get to know others in a more structured environment, before and after-school programs provide the perfect place to interact with others within a more laidback atmosphere. We also offer games, group activities, fun field trips and summer/winter camps as well, allowing for tons of opportunities to make friends.
- Boosts Attendance – Studies have shown that regular participation in an academic program outside of school actually helps improve attendance rates. Students tend to feel more motivated to take part in regular schooling when they start to see the positive effects of their extracurricular learning sessions.
- Keeps Kids Safe – According to a statistic from the Advance Project, “Teens who do not participate in after school programs are nearly three times more likely to use marijuana or other drugs; they are also more likely to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes.” Since the afternoon is the most common time for kids to get into trouble, enrolling in a before or after school program is the easiest way to remedy that problem.
- Provides structure – By being accountable for both regular school attendance and a before and after school learning program, it forces students to become more responsible academically and socially as well. We provide a library and homework assistance so our high quality tutors can provide a reliable space for students to go to every day of the school week.
- Allows students to try out new things – Before and after school classes provide the ideal nurturing environment for students to try out new activities like arts and crafts and technology-related projects that they simply can’t do during the regular school day. By taking part in these programs, kids can discover new hobbies that they would never have discovered otherwise.
If you have a son or daughter who could benefit from extra help with academics and needs a safe place to spend time once school gets out every day, our extracurricular learning programs provide the perfect solution. To learn more about our high quality afterschool instructors, schedule of events, and classes, we are here to help. Simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out in no time!
When it comes to childhood education, the staff at Rosewood Academy believes that every student deserves the opportunity to make new friends, explore new concepts, push the limits of their creativity, and think critically about a variety of different subjects. Since we foster an environment of openness and guidance, our students are able to explore their unique learning styles in a safe and encouraging space. We understand that no two children are the same, which is why we give students the chance to become independent thinkers and forge their individual paths to success. If you are curious to learn more about what sets our curriculum apart from the rest, read on.
The overarching theme of our infants, toddlers, primary, pre-school, and pre-kindergarten programs is the combined methodology we employ from day one, using a blend of traditional and Montessori methods. We also incorporate a physical education program into our curriculum, because we believe that mental wellbeing and physical health are inextricably linked. Our staff provides students with an opportunity to hone their basic computer skills and we offer a wide array of extracurricular activities to suit a diverse set of tastes and interests.
Each and every member of our team believes that children need to be valued in order to achieve excellence in learning. We incorporate music and art lessons into our daily activities to give children a chance to really tap into their potential and have an enjoyable learning experience.
If you are looking for high quality, affordable education, Rosewood Academy has what you are looking for. For more information, simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out to you soon. We look forward to showing you what sets our learning institution apart from the rest!
Now that the summer has come to an end, Rosewood Academy is gearing up for an exciting start to the fall semester. Our staff works closely with each and every one of our students to ensure they are engaged and excited to learn, grow, and create. We know it can be tricky to transition from summer vacation to learning mode, which is why we have some tried and true tips to guarantee success at the start of the school year. If you want to help your children ease into their new routines, read on to learn more!
Supply Shopping – Get your children pumped for the school year by taking them on a shopping trip to buy fresh notebooks, new pens, some cool new clothes, and more. If you make the excursion feel exciting and fun, they will have a more positive outlook on their return to class than they would otherwise.
Family Calendar – Part of what makes going back to school so challenging sometimes, is the fact that children have to go from having totally free time to being inundated with lots of schedules and structure all at once. In order to keep the day-to-day plans stress-free and easy to digest, create a family calendar where everyone can add their homework assignments, extracurricular activities, and more.
Lunchtime Fun – Before school starts, ask for input on favorite meals and snacks so you can give your children lunches they will truly look forward to. For extra encouragement, you can leave a positive note or a special treat that will help them get through the beginning of the school year without feeling the end-of-summer blues.
Schedule a Tour – If your children are starting school in a new location and feeling nervous about finding their way around, you can set up a tour to familiarize them with the layout of the building, classrooms, and more. A tour is a great opportunity to meet some of the staff and get all your questions answered, which should help ease the transition that much more.
At the Rosewood Academy, we are here to make the leap from summer break into the school year a smooth and easy one. If you would like to learn more about our programs and to schedule a tour, visit our contact form and reach out to us today! We are here to make the learning experience as fulfilling and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to hearing from you soon!