When it comes to your child’s education, everything matters—including valuing each child’s individuality. The teachers and staff at Rosewood Academy are dedicated to expanding your child’s unique mind. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy believes in enhancing a traditional curriculum with elements of Montessori philosophy. Why? Because the Montessori philosophy emphasizes a child’s independence, individuality, and freedom (within limits).
When it comes to early childhood education, a traditional curriculum can benefit greatly when these Montessori elements are incorporated. For example, a traditional preschool curriculum focuses on language, speech, math, social studies, art, and science—but did you know that dramatic play allows your child to become a free thinker in all of these areas? Learning facts is extremely important, but learning to think for oneself is a much harder skill to learn. By adding creative, sensory-based activities to your child’s day, they will learn to become more of who they are.
When your child learns to make confident decisions—to listen to their own voice—your child will receive an even better education. More times than not, people become intelligent not only because of what they know but because of how they think. Montessori philosophy emphasizes cultivating each child’s unique thought process through creative, challenging, and dynamic activities.
At Rosewood Academy, your child will receive a phenomenal education. By infusing a traditional curriculum with Montessori elements, your child will learn important facts about science, math, the arts, language, and more, all while discovering how their own creative mind works.
To learn more about how your child can grow with Rosewood Academy , visit them online or on Facebook . For the Dallas location, call (469) 522-3739 ; for Frisco , call (469) 287-8076 , and for Carrollton , call (972) 810-6597 today.
The talented staff at Rosewood Academy in our Carrollton, Dallas and Frisco locations, promote education outside of the classroom whenever possible, and pride themselves on providing a nurturing, creative environment for children to play and learn. The holiday season means children of all ages are home from school, and if wanting to encourage learning while children are on break from preschool, check out a few ideas for your pre-kindergarten kiddies:
- December Holidays: Teach your children about holidays from different cultures. Numerous holidays are observed in December in addition to Christmas, including Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the Winter Solstice. If interested in broadening your children’s holiday horizons, consider creating traditional dishes together, reading books about December holidays during story time, or finding crafts centered around various celebrations.
- Holiday Questions: Find answers to holiday traditions, such as “Why do we hang stockings by the fireplace?” and “Who made the first candy cane and why?” Ask your children if they have any questions about Christmas traditions they’d like answered, and use assorted books and reputable websites to learn more about the celebrated holiday.
- Nature-Centered Crafts: Instill a love of nature in little ones by taking walks on nearby nature trails. Pick up fallen twigs, evergreen sprigs, and anything else that contributes to a “natural” Christmas tree. Remember to only use fallen objects, and create crafts for the Christmas tree in your home. If your property features an evergreen, consider having the children decorate it with their crafts.
- Community Service: Discuss the importance of giving back and helping the community with your kids. Talk about the many ways they can “be Santa” for others, and see if they don’t come up with their own ideas, such as donating presents to needy families.
These are just some of the ways to emphasize educational fun during the holidays. Talk about options with staff at our Carrollton, Frisco or Dallas area preschools, and know you’re doing your part to keep young minds stimulated when not at school.
For more on Rosewood’s preschool curriculum, extra curricular activities and community involvement, please contact Rosewood Academy today. Call (972) 512-9880 , or visit our website .
Rosewood Academy is a beacon in early childhood education. With three locations in Texas—Carrollton, Frisco and Dallas—this preschool offers comprehensive childcare services for children who aren’t yet old enough to begin kindergarten. If you’re looking for an upstanding preschool in your community, schedule a visit at Rosewood Academy today.
How can I socialize my child? Rosewood Academy is here to help. Based on current studies in early childhood education, check out the following ways in which child care services promote proper social development in children, brought to you by Rosewood Academy:
- Gain Social Skills: When your child attends Rosewood Academy, they learn the necessary social skills to thrive in school, make long-lasting friendships and transition from maternal care to the non-domestic environment.
- Prepare For Kindergarten: In order for children to properly adjust to elementary school, parents can get a head start on socializing their kids by enrolling them in a high-quality daycare center like Rosewood Academy.
- Decrease Problem Behaviors: Studies have shown that children that don’t get an opportunity to socialize before elementary school can possess fewer social skills, poorer work habits, and conflictive attitudes.
- Eliminate Attachment Insecurity: If you think you’re doing your child a favor by giving them all of your love and attention, think again. When you enroll your child in Rosewood Academy, you’re giving them the tools that they need to succeed as an individual by placing them outside of their comfort zone.
To learn more about the early childhood education programs at Rosewood Academy , visit them online , or call their office today at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas), (469) 605-2437 (Frisco) or (972) 810-6597 (Carrollton).
Your little ones are boundless wells of energy—playing, exploring, jumping, dancing, tumbling, and getting back up. Because early childhood is a crucial period of physical development, it’s important to encourage your kids to engage these energetic impulses and find active outlets to help them keep moving and developing their fine and gross motor skills. At the Rosewood Academy daycare center and preschool in Texas, fun physical activity is a major part of everyday early childhood education.
Read on to learn three ways to encourage healthy physical development at home, from the child care professionals at Rosewood Academy:
- Make Time For Exercise: Be sure that movement and physical activity play a regular role in your family routine. Taking a family walk, building forts, and staging relay races are all fun ways to get the whole family moving.
- Get Loud: Quiet time is an important part of childhood—and a sanity-saver for parents—but noise is a healthy part of play, and kids need the freedom to indulge in occasional noisy, vigorous playtime to burn off energy.
- Limit Screen Time: Kids today are surrounded by screens of all sizes, from TVs to tablets. Unfortunately, the sedentary lifestyle associated with these various devices has overtaken the vibrant lifestyle kids need. Placing limits on screen time will have a positive effect on children, encouraging them to get up and seek other more active pastimes.
Rosewood Academy is proud to serve the Dallas area with top-quality preschool curriculum blending Montessori and traditional early childhood education styles. To learn more, call the preschool daycare center at (972) 512-9880 (Carrollton), (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) or (469) 287-8076 (Frisco), or visit their website .
When it comes to the learning process, the staff at Rosewood Academy believes that learning shouldn’t stop after school hours are over. With our before and after school programs, we offer a safe and welcoming environment for students to get the homework assistance they need, make new friends, and stay out of trouble. If you want to learn more about the ways in which our extracurricular programs can help your children thrive, read on to find all the information you need.
- Improves Socialization Skills – Extracurricular programs have been proven time and again to really help improve socialization abilities outside of the classroom. Since it can be tough to get to know others in a more structured environment, before and after-school programs provide the perfect place to interact with others within a more laidback atmosphere. We also offer games, group activities, fun field trips and summer/winter camps as well, allowing for tons of opportunities to make friends.
- Boosts Attendance – Studies have shown that regular participation in an academic program outside of school actually helps improve attendance rates. Students tend to feel more motivated to take part in regular schooling when they start to see the positive effects of their extracurricular learning sessions.
- Keeps Kids Safe – According to a statistic from the Advance Project, “Teens who do not participate in after school programs are nearly three times more likely to use marijuana or other drugs; they are also more likely to drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes.” Since the afternoon is the most common time for kids to get into trouble, enrolling in a before or after school program is the easiest way to remedy that problem.
- Provides structure – By being accountable for both regular school attendance and a before and after school learning program, it forces students to become more responsible academically and socially as well. We provide a library and homework assistance so our high quality tutors can provide a reliable space for students to go to every day of the school week.
- Allows students to try out new things – Before and after school classes provide the ideal nurturing environment for students to try out new activities like arts and crafts and technology-related projects that they simply can’t do during the regular school day. By taking part in these programs, kids can discover new hobbies that they would never have discovered otherwise.
If you have a son or daughter who could benefit from extra help with academics and needs a safe place to spend time once school gets out every day, our extracurricular learning programs provide the perfect solution. To learn more about our high quality afterschool instructors, schedule of events, and classes, we are here to help. Simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out in no time!
When it comes to childhood education, the staff at Rosewood Academy believes that every student deserves the opportunity to make new friends, explore new concepts, push the limits of their creativity, and think critically about a variety of different subjects. Since we foster an environment of openness and guidance, our students are able to explore their unique learning styles in a safe and encouraging space. We understand that no two children are the same, which is why we give students the chance to become independent thinkers and forge their individual paths to success. If you are curious to learn more about what sets our curriculum apart from the rest, read on.
The overarching theme of our infants, toddlers, primary, pre-school, and pre-kindergarten programs is the combined methodology we employ from day one, using a blend of traditional and Montessori methods. We also incorporate a physical education program into our curriculum, because we believe that mental wellbeing and physical health are inextricably linked. Our staff provides students with an opportunity to hone their basic computer skills and we offer a wide array of extracurricular activities to suit a diverse set of tastes and interests.
Each and every member of our team believes that children need to be valued in order to achieve excellence in learning. We incorporate music and art lessons into our daily activities to give children a chance to really tap into their potential and have an enjoyable learning experience.
If you are looking for high quality, affordable education, Rosewood Academy has what you are looking for. For more information, simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out to you soon. We look forward to showing you what sets our learning institution apart from the rest!
Now that the summer has come to an end, Rosewood Academy is gearing up for an exciting start to the fall semester. Our staff works closely with each and every one of our students to ensure they are engaged and excited to learn, grow, and create. We know it can be tricky to transition from summer vacation to learning mode, which is why we have some tried and true tips to guarantee success at the start of the school year. If you want to help your children ease into their new routines, read on to learn more!
Supply Shopping – Get your children pumped for the school year by taking them on a shopping trip to buy fresh notebooks, new pens, some cool new clothes, and more. If you make the excursion feel exciting and fun, they will have a more positive outlook on their return to class than they would otherwise.
Family Calendar – Part of what makes going back to school so challenging sometimes, is the fact that children have to go from having totally free time to being inundated with lots of schedules and structure all at once. In order to keep the day-to-day plans stress-free and easy to digest, create a family calendar where everyone can add their homework assignments, extracurricular activities, and more.
Lunchtime Fun – Before school starts, ask for input on favorite meals and snacks so you can give your children lunches they will truly look forward to. For extra encouragement, you can leave a positive note or a special treat that will help them get through the beginning of the school year without feeling the end-of-summer blues.
Schedule a Tour – If your children are starting school in a new location and feeling nervous about finding their way around, you can set up a tour to familiarize them with the layout of the building, classrooms, and more. A tour is a great opportunity to meet some of the staff and get all your questions answered, which should help ease the transition that much more.
At the Rosewood Academy, we are here to make the leap from summer break into the school year a smooth and easy one. If you would like to learn more about our programs and to schedule a tour, visit our contact form and reach out to us today! We are here to make the learning experience as fulfilling and enjoyable as possible. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
When it comes to getting children excited to explore, learn, create, and grow, we are always looking for new ways to keep the educational experience as fun, interactive, and engaging as possible. With summer here, it’s important to incorporate learning opportunities during the vacation time, in order to prevent the dreaded brain drain. At Rosewood Academy, we offer an exciting summer camp for students who want to play and socialize while staying on top of their learning at the same time. With field trips to the museum, zoo, and aquarium, along with creative and fun movie nights, splash park activities, and physical fitness classes, your kids will have a summer to remember, playing with friends and staying on top of their academic skills at the same time.
If you are looking to supplement your child’s summer camp experience with some fun summer educational activities at home, we have exactly what you’re looking for. Read on to learn more!
1. Create a Cooking Class – It is an almost irrefutable fact that students love any lesson that incorporates a few treats here and there. If you want to beat the heat this summer and create a fun and educational activity, a cooking class is the way to go. You can ask your children which foods they want to eat the most, and then take them to the grocery store to buy the ingredients you’ll need so that they feel like they are being included. You can teach measurement while you cook or bake, which will turn some time spent in the kitchen into a cleverly disguised math class!
2. Field Trip to the Library – Another way to stay out of the sweltering heat while still being productive is by taking your children to the library. With computers and smartphones taking over these days, the library is often neglected. By taking advantage of this free and rewarding resource, you can help your children pick out new books to read and even sign them up for a summer reading club too!
3. Plant Fruits and Vegetables – Few activities are quite as satisfying as planting your own produce and watching it grow. You can turn a day in the garden into a science lesson, by teaching your children all about the way that fruits and vegetables develop with the help of water, sunlight, and the right nutrition. Your children will learn more about where their food comes from and feel more connected to nature at the same time.
4. Build a Bird Feeder – Whether your children love arts and crafts projects or have an affinity for birds, building a bird feeder is a rewarding activity that the whole family can enjoy. If you are looking for ways to get your children outside to take in nature and learn something new at the same time, this is an ideal project to take on. All you need is a couple items and before long you’ll be sitting back watching all different types of birds flock to your new feeder.
5. Paint the Scenery – If you are looking for a fun way to inspire your children and incorporate an art lesson into your day all at once, you can take them to the park and ask them to paint what they see. Not only will they get to enjoy the fresh air and warm summer sun, the whole family will enjoy the tranquility that comes from listening to the sounds of nature and tapping into their creative sides.
If you would like to learn more about how to keep your kids learning all summer long, we’d love to hear from you. Simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out to answer all your questions and tell you more about our exciting summer camp program. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
Countless studies have shown that reading is one of the most beneficial activities for children of all ages. When children engross themselves in an exciting new book, they are actually improving their mental and emotional health in a myriad of ways. Reading on a regular basis reduces stress, fosters independence, improves vocabulary, boosts creativity, and strengthens memory as well. But for so many rambunctious, high energy kids, sitting down in front of a book is not their idea of a fun time. With summer right around the corner, the staff at Rosewood Academy has come up with their top five tips to make summer reading something to look forward to, rather than a chore.
- 1. Write a letter – To get your kids more excited about reading, offer to help them write a letter to the author with their thoughts, feelings, and impressions of the book. Kids love to get letters in the mail, so that will incentivize them to finish their reading! When they get a response from the author, it will make it all worthwhile.
- 2. Create a contest – If you want to spice up your approach to summer reading, consider making it into a contest. If your kids have been begging for a new game or toy, you can skip the typical allowance routine and instead ask them to read a certain number of pages before they can earn it.
- 3. Book Club – Whether you have a big family or an only child, you can create a book club with a mix of classmates and siblings right inside your very own home. Make sure to include all sorts of tasty snacks, and make it extra fun by making themed foods that relate to what the kids are reading.
- 4. Read along – When your children are struggling to get excited or into a book, you can help them along by reading the same materials. That way when they come to you with questions about characters and plot development, you will have an insider’s perspective on what is going on and you’ll be able to motivate them.
- 5. Make a trip – Just like it’s always fun to make themed snacks, you can also plan a themed trip too! If you’re reading Goodnight Moon, you can make a visit to the planetarium or an observatory. If Charlotte’s Web is on the list, you can visit a farm to check out the pigs! There are limitless options when it comes to taking a special field trip with your kids.
If you would like to learn more about how to make summer reading fun and exciting for your little ones, we’d love to hear from you. Simply fill out this contact form and we will reach out to answer all your questions and show you how Rosewood Academy can be an excellent choice for supplementing your child’s education!
Rosewood Academy, a Top-Notch Curriculum-Based Education and Childcare Center in Frisco Texas, Houses NEW Computer Science and Robotics Institute for Grades 1 Through 12
Rosewood Academy offers a comprehensive, accredited curriculum with Montessori elements and a great physical education program, for children 6 weeks to pre-k. Rosewood’s afterschool program for elementary age children, currently picks up from six area preschools. With the addition of the new high-tech school, iCode afterschoolers or older siblings of Rosewood Academy students, have a great option to extend learning.
With so many major real estate developments taking place in the Plano/Frisco area, we are here to support employees who are both seeking regular child care and afterschool programs. Since we are located within 3-5 miles of most of these companies, our academy is in a perfectly convenient location to best serve your family.
At Rosewood Academy, we share our neighborhood with major corporations such as Alcatel-Lucent, Bank of America, Capital One Finance, Cinemark USA, Inc.Dell Services, Dr. Pepper, Ericsson, Frito-Lay, J.C. Penney Company, Inc., PepsiCo and RAC Rent. A. Center
Along with all of these major companies, Toyota and FedEx are also planning to make a move to the Plano/Frisco area in the near future! With all of these big businesses come plenty of parents in need of high quality care. We are here to serve all residents in the area, with a curriculum that emphasizes intellectual, physical, social, and emotional growth, all of which is designed to help pave the way for a lifetime love of learning. On top of our regular educational programs, we are also updating our afterschool program to offer students the most unique and engaging activities possible. By partnering with iCode , we’ve taken afterschool enrichment to a whole new level.
Whether your child is interested in taking a coding class, learning more about robotics, or finding out what computer science is all about, we offer courses to students in grades 1-12 who are looking to develop skills for the future, in a safe and encouraging environment. Our teachers put innovation, collaboration, and creation first when it comes to structuring our classes, and we offer all of these activities in one convenient location from 3:30-6:30 Monday through Friday. We currently offer safe and reliable transportation from the following elementary schools:
If you would like to learn more about the child care programs offered at Rosewood Academy, are interested in our afterschool program, or would like to find out more about both, we are here to help. Simply fill out this contact form and one of our friendly staff members will reach out to you shortly.