Since it is almost Valentine’s Day we thought it would be great to share a blog about compassion and loving one another. These are some of the most important lessons children learn. Valentines celebrations are a perfect time to teach your little ones to learn how to be compassionate, thoughtful and kind to others. A great way to highlight this is through story telling. Valentine’s Day provides a fabulous opportunity to share stories of compassion, friendship and even helping those in need. Through your personal stories or through children’s books, there are plenty of fun ways to reiterate valuable childhood lessons.
Preschoolers are still so young that they are just beginning to see how their individual actions can potentially affect others or impact their lives. We know they are beginning to experience this phenomenon because we have witnessed it when we see our little ones show compassion for their friends or family members in our daily lives. We encourage and steer our children towards compassion through a respectful attitude, generosity and good old-fashioned hugs and kisses.
To further develop this trait of love and compassion, why not participate in a quick Valentine project? The task is to have your child choose a teacher, family member or even a friend they care about. Then help your child create something special for them; a small gift, just to show that they care. There are plenty of ideas for home-made creations that will say, “I care and love you.” For great ideas and for Valentine book recommendations, please check out our Rosewood Academy Pinterest holiday board!
Happy Valentine’s Day!
When it comes to selecting the best Pre-K program for your child, it’s likely that you will find yourself becoming slightly overwhelmed by the sheer number of choices you have available to you. Located in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Rosewood Academy is more than simply a Preschool; they are a leader in early childhood education. As such, Rosewood Academy can provide your child with an enriching Pre-K experience that will fully prepare them to enter the wonderful world of Kindergarten.
Of course, you want to make the best possible decision so that your child is on solid footing as they prepare to make the transition to Kindergarten. There is now overwhelming evidence that children who participate in a high-quality Pre-K program enter Kindergarten more eager and ready for school than children who do not.
Rosewood has convenient locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, offering quality care and education for infants through Pre-K. The curriculum offered by Rosewood Academy mixes elements of the Montessori approach with a more traditional approach to early childhood education. Rosewood’s Pre-K program focuses on developing math and language skills while helping to awake your child’s inner explorer by introducing exciting scientific, technological, and historical concepts and ideas.
The staff at Rosewood Academy knows your child desperately needs time to simply play and embrace the wonder of their world. Along with the in-depth and engaging classroom instruction provided by Rosewood, there is ample time provided for free play and silliness, so your child develops confidence, social skills, and a sense of community and belonging.
If you would like to learn more about the ways Rosewood Academy can help your child become ready for Kindergarten, you are invited to call any of their three locations. You can also like Rosewood Academy on Facebook , or follow them on Twitter to receive regular updates.
A traditional preschool curriculum focuses on your child reaching specific benchmarks by a certain age, which allows them to gain a strong foundation, before entering kindergarten. However, one approach does not suit all, as children learn in different ways at different paces. The experienced educators at Rosewood Academy , with campuses in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, know that early childhood education is multi-faceted. They use a combination of traditional and Montessori methods in their curriculums, in order to maximize each child’s learning potential.
Rosewood Academy creatively mixes an accredited traditional curriculum with elements of a Montessori education. What exactly does this mean? Your student will achieve the standards required under an orthodox curriculum while interacting with engaging materials and learning through exploration and expert guidance, which are true hallmarks of a Montessori education.
This blending of learning styles will benefit your child in the following ways:
- Creativity: Childhood is a beautiful stage where young people learn how to interact not only with each other but with visuals and sound. At Rosewood Academy, art and music are essential and the Montessori-inspired aspects of the curriculum not only stimulate children’s minds but also allows them to be imaginative.
- Exploration & Manipulation: Sometimes, investigation and manipulation of a child’s surroundings within a nurturing environment are the best way for a child to study. Through theme-related materials and engagement with technology, students are able to discover information on their own.
- Purposeful Activity: There is no “busy work” at Rosewood Academy; every task leads the student to reach a clear objective. This concept is included in the academy’s Physical Education classes, and the children take part in exciting, yet meaningful physical activities that promote wellness.
Rosewood Academy has programs for 6-week-old infants to 5-year-old children in addition to before and after school programs for ages 5 to 12. Please call the Dallas location, at (469) 522-3739 , the Frisco campus at (469) 287-8076 , or the Carrollton location at (972) 512-9880 today to schedule a tour. You can also visit them online for more information.
With more and more research emerging that underscores the importance of early childhood education, parents should take particular care when considering their childcare, preschool and pre-K options. Luckily, residents in the greater Dallas, Texas area have Rosewood Academy , by their side. From excellent childcae to a comprehensive curriculum for each age level, including pre-kindergarten classes, the programs here prepare children for academic success in an engaging and supportive environment. Rosewood preschools focus on balancing a combination of a traditional curriculum with a Montessori approach.
What programs does Rosewood Academy offer? Here’s a quick breakdown:
- For Infants: Infants up to 1-year-olds take part in a program run by dedicated, specially trained teachers. They will be in an environment specifically designed to emphasize physical and cognitive development and learning through enriching activities.
- Toddler Program: Designed for toddlers ages 1 to 2, this program helps develop critical learning skills as well as independence and curiosity. Children’s cognitive and motor skills are rapidly developing at this stage, and teachers emphasize social skills development while fostering creativity and individual expression.
- Primary: Geared towards 2 to 3-year-olds, a hands-on approach to discovery and the development of learning skills is fostered by balancing structured and unstructured time. Children develop pre-literacy skills and self-expression, as well as important daily life and social skills.
- Preschool: The foundation for future academic success is created while fostering creativity and self-confidence. 3 to 4-year-olds begin to engage with a well-rounded curriculum, including math, science, language, social studies, and dramatic play, as well as arts, music, Spanish and sign language.
- Pre-Kindergarten: The goal here is to prepare 4 to 5-year-olds for kindergarten through enriching daily activities and instructional programs; building self-confidence and competence with language and reasoning. Skills in math, English, handwriting, art and other subjects are encouraged by stimulating natural curiosity.
- Before/After School Programs: Programs are also available for students between the ages of 5 to 12; Rosewood Academy offers school pick-up service, with the afterschool program allowing for homework completion, with assistance if needed, games, and group activities in a stimulating, media-rich environment.
Rosewood Academy is the perfect place to let your child gain a strong foundation. Learn more about the many early childhood education programs offered by visiting them online , or by calling the Frisco location at (469) 287-8076 , Carrollton at (972) 512-9880 , or the Dallas location at (469) 522-3739 .
When it comes to your child’s education, everything matters—including valuing each child’s individuality. The teachers and staff at Rosewood Academy are dedicated to expanding your child’s unique mind. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy believes in enhancing a traditional curriculum with elements of Montessori philosophy. Why? Because the Montessori philosophy emphasizes a child’s independence, individuality, and freedom (within limits).
When it comes to early childhood education, a traditional curriculum can benefit greatly when these Montessori elements are incorporated. For example, a traditional preschool curriculum focuses on language, speech, math, social studies, art, and science—but did you know that dramatic play allows your child to become a free thinker in all of these areas? Learning facts is extremely important, but learning to think for oneself is a much harder skill to learn. By adding creative, sensory-based activities to your child’s day, they will learn to become more of who they are.
When your child learns to make confident decisions—to listen to their own voice—your child will receive an even better education. More times than not, people become intelligent not only because of what they know but because of how they think. Montessori philosophy emphasizes cultivating each child’s unique thought process through creative, challenging, and dynamic activities.
At Rosewood Academy, your child will receive a phenomenal education. By infusing a traditional curriculum with Montessori elements, your child will learn important facts about science, math, the arts, language, and more, all while discovering how their own creative mind works.
To learn more about how your child can grow with Rosewood Academy , visit them online or on Facebook . For the Dallas location, call (469) 522-3739 ; for Frisco , call (469) 287-8076 , and for Carrollton , call (972) 810-6597 today.
A lifetime love of learning starts at a young age. That’s why Rosewood Academy , a preschool that blends Montessori methods with traditional early childhood education, aims to foster a passion for reading in little ones by sharing stories that fit their developing cognitive abilities. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy wants to recommend the best preschool-appropriate books, so parents can continue early childhood education methods at home:
- “Harold And The Purple Crayon,” By Crockett Johnson: Rosewood Academy suggests having this longtime childhood favorite book in every preschool library. Not only will the story tickle your child’s funny bone, it will also spur their imagination, helping them in art classes and creative activities at Rosewood Academy.
- “Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day,” By Judith Viorst: People of all ages can relate to this story about a day when everything goes wrong. Rosewood Academy suggests reading it to students in preschool to help them remember to see the bright side, even when things go wrong.
- “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?,” By Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle: Another classic for preschool curriculum, this illustrated story engages pre-kindergarteners in the world around them. It will also help expand on important concepts such as observational skills and creativity, which are important components of the early childhood education program at Rosewood Academy.
The preschool program at Rosewood Academy includes a structured curriculum in arts and academics to provide students with the confidence and skills they need for school. The child care center also offers programs for students ranging from infants to 12-year-olds. If you’re looking for a high-quality preschool center, call the Dallas location at (469) 522-3755 , the Frisco location at (469) 605-2437 , or the Carrollton location at (972) 810-6597 . You can also visit their website for more information.
Childhood experts agree that preschool plays an important role in developing and enhancing cognitive and social skills. Brain development is especially rapid during the first five years in a child’s life. When a child uses all five of their senses, neural connections are made in the brain, affecting the way the child thinks, feels, and reacts, now and in the future.
Rosewood Academy , which has preschools in Carrollton, Dallas, and Frisco, Texas, offers excellent programs for infants through 5-year-olds. The highly trained teachers and administrators know how important preschool is for the development of children both socially and academically. Here are five reasons why children should go to preschool:
Preschool Promotes Language, Cognitive, & Motor Skills: Children who attend preschool have richer vocabularies and stronger math and reading skills. Infants at Rosewood Academy begin learning pre-literacy skills as early as 6 weeks. In the Toddlers Program, they learn American Sign Language. In the Primary and Preschool curriculum, they learn Spanish. Early learning such as this positively affects brain structure.
- Preschool Promotes Positive Social Development: At Rosewood Academy, children in the Toddlers Program engage in small-group activities. It’s an opportunity for them to learn to share, follow instructions, and build relationships. Children learn how to work out their own problems, but a friendly instructor is there to intervene when necessary. They have a headstart in social development and positive behavior.
- Preschool Promotes Emotional Development: Kids build self-confidence and self-worth in preschool. They discover they are capable of things. They learn to take care of themselves and others. Preschool also helps children explore and experiment. At Rosewood Academy, children in the Pre-kindergarten Program focus on self-esteem and social skills.
- Preschool Prepares Children For Kindergarten: In preschool, children learn how to raise their hands, take turns, and interact with the teacher and other students. They are filled with curiosity, which positively impacts their academic performance. Preschool builds a desire to learn well past pre-kindergarten.
- Preschool Curriculum Benefits Children Into Adulthood: Children who go to preschool are less likely to need government assistance, less likely to drop out of high school, and less likely to commit a felony. They are more likely to go to college and more likely to own a home.
Developing a strong foundation in the early years can lead to long term achievement, success, and happiness. The qualified teachers and administrators at Rosewood Academy believe strongly in Rosewood’s vision and goals for children.
In addition to preschool programs, Rosewood Academy also offers after-school programs and summer and winter camps. For more information about the programs offered, visit the Rosewood Academy website . To schedule a tour and to meet the teachers, call (469) 522-3755 for the Dallas location, (469) 605-2437 for Frisco, and (972) 810-6597 for Carrollton.
The talented staff at Rosewood Academy in our Carrollton, Dallas and Frisco locations, promote education outside of the classroom whenever possible, and pride themselves on providing a nurturing, creative environment for children to play and learn. The holiday season means children of all ages are home from school, and if wanting to encourage learning while children are on break from preschool, check out a few ideas for your pre-kindergarten kiddies:
- December Holidays: Teach your children about holidays from different cultures. Numerous holidays are observed in December in addition to Christmas, including Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the Winter Solstice. If interested in broadening your children’s holiday horizons, consider creating traditional dishes together, reading books about December holidays during story time, or finding crafts centered around various celebrations.
- Holiday Questions: Find answers to holiday traditions, such as “Why do we hang stockings by the fireplace?” and “Who made the first candy cane and why?” Ask your children if they have any questions about Christmas traditions they’d like answered, and use assorted books and reputable websites to learn more about the celebrated holiday.
- Nature-Centered Crafts: Instill a love of nature in little ones by taking walks on nearby nature trails. Pick up fallen twigs, evergreen sprigs, and anything else that contributes to a “natural” Christmas tree. Remember to only use fallen objects, and create crafts for the Christmas tree in your home. If your property features an evergreen, consider having the children decorate it with their crafts.
- Community Service: Discuss the importance of giving back and helping the community with your kids. Talk about the many ways they can “be Santa” for others, and see if they don’t come up with their own ideas, such as donating presents to needy families.
These are just some of the ways to emphasize educational fun during the holidays. Talk about options with staff at our Carrollton, Frisco or Dallas area preschools, and know you’re doing your part to keep young minds stimulated when not at school.
For more on Rosewood’s preschool curriculum, extra curricular activities and community involvement, please contact Rosewood Academy today. Call (972) 512-9880 , or visit our website .
Rosewood Academy is the premier preschool in Carrollton, Dallas, and Frisco, TX. Offering early childhood education opportunities for children ages six weeks to five years, these experienced instructors have the resources and the skills to prepare your kids for elementary school and beyond. If you’re looking for quality childcare in the local community, contact Rosewood Academy to give your kid the jumpstart that they need at such an early age.
Should I celebrate the holidays with my children? To discover how participating in holiday events is important for your child’s growth, check out the following benefits, brought to you by the early childhood education experts at Rosewood Academy:
- Traditions & Values: When you celebrate the holidays with your kids, they learn about important traditions and values shared by people in their community. Additionally, learning about these holidays provides children with a great opportunity to learn about the rich cultural history behind each and every occasion.
- Family & Friends: Regardless of what holiday it is, there is usually one common thread that makes all celebrations inherently similar, which is their social element. Show your children how to celebrate the holidays and watch as they strengthen bonds with family members and build long-lasting friendships with their peers.
- Multicultural Education: While all people don’t celebrate the same holidays, each and every occasion provides an opportunity to explain to your kids the differences between people of different nationalities, religions, and races. Some people use this as a time to experience other culture’s traditions while others prefer to learn more about these from an “outsider’s” perspective.
No matter what holidays your family celebrates, everyone is more than welcome at Rosewood Academy . To learn more about their preschool program and specifics about early childhood education for your child, contact these experienced teachers at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) , (469) 287-8076 (Frisco) , or (972) 512-9880 ( Carrollton). You can also visit their website for more details.
When you’re looking for the best early childhood education options for your child, researching daycare centers and preschools can be overwhelming. Each school has its own philosophy and practices, and finding the perfect Dallas location is often a challenge.
Fortunately, Rosewood Academy has schools in Dallas, Frisco and Carrollton for convenient access to high-quality early childhood education. Highly qualified and caring teachers use a traditional preschool curriculum combined with Montessori elements, to support a well-rounded education that includes language and literacy development, early math skills, fine arts and physical education.
Not sure if Rosewood Academy is right for your child? There are plenty of glowing testimonials from happy Texas families. Anna L. of Frisco loves how much her son has learned. “Our son has learned more than we could have imagined, and all of the staff is so loving and attentive to each child. We couldn’t have picked a better place to send him.”
As Casey H. notes, Rosewood wants the parents to be just as involved as the children. “Rosewood’s commitment to family and providing great opportunities for parents to be involved in is just another reason that we can’t imagine a better place to entrust the care of our little one.”
Parents and children alike love the facilities and learn so much: “The new Rosewood Academy in Dallas is beautiful and clean, and the teachers are very knowledgeable and attentive. My daughter loves going to Rosewood and I have seen such a drastic improvement in her focus, math skills, and even her overall behavior!” – Stacy A., Carrollton
Mark T. of Dallas agrees, and notes how accomodating the preschool is: “Both of our kids are learning much more than we had hoped, and I love that my oldest is even learning sign language! My wife was concerned about going back to work and leaving our youngest, especially since she isn’t formula fed, but Rosewood has a private nursing room that allows her to breastfeed our daughter easily and comfortably.”
To find out more about why Rosewood Academy is a great choice for Dallas area families, and to learn more about their great curriculum, call or visit their website . To schedule a tour, call the Dallas school at (469) 522-3755 , the Frisco school at (469) 605-2437 , or the Carrollton school at (972) 810-6597 .