When it comes to your child’s education, everything matters—including valuing each child’s individuality. The teachers and staff at Rosewood Academy are dedicated to expanding your child’s unique mind. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy believes in enhancing a traditional curriculum with elements of Montessori philosophy. Why? Because the Montessori philosophy emphasizes a child’s independence, individuality, and freedom (within limits).
When it comes to early childhood education, a traditional curriculum can benefit greatly when these Montessori elements are incorporated. For example, a traditional preschool curriculum focuses on language, speech, math, social studies, art, and science—but did you know that dramatic play allows your child to become a free thinker in all of these areas? Learning facts is extremely important, but learning to think for oneself is a much harder skill to learn. By adding creative, sensory-based activities to your child’s day, they will learn to become more of who they are.
When your child learns to make confident decisions—to listen to their own voice—your child will receive an even better education. More times than not, people become intelligent not only because of what they know but because of how they think. Montessori philosophy emphasizes cultivating each child’s unique thought process through creative, challenging, and dynamic activities.
At Rosewood Academy, your child will receive a phenomenal education. By infusing a traditional curriculum with Montessori elements, your child will learn important facts about science, math, the arts, language, and more, all while discovering how their own creative mind works.
To learn more about how your child can grow with Rosewood Academy , visit them online or on Facebook . For the Dallas location, call (469) 522-3739 ; for Frisco , call (469) 287-8076 , and for Carrollton , call (972) 810-6597 today.
It’s happened: your baby became a toddler and then, a curious kid who’s ready for preschool. You’ve done some research, you’re about to tour a preschool facility, and you’re wondering what questions to ask. Sure, you want to ask about safety and costs, but there’s so much more that needs to be addressed. Rosewood Academy wants to help you get the most out of your child care center tour. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy offers daily tours of their fantastic facilities.
Programs are available for infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and after-school kids. They understand that it can be difficult for parents, especially first-timers, to know what questions to ask when touring. Here are some suggestions to get you started:
- What’s Your Educational Philosophy? While it may look like the children are simply playing, quality child care centers have an early childhood education philosophy that shapes daily activities. Rosewood Academy uses a combination of traditional and Montessori education, which means kids are engaged in plenty of hands-on learning opportunities.
- What Are Your Teacher Qualifications, and what is the teacher-child ratio? These questions allow you to learn more about the quality of the preschool’s teaching staff. Ask about teacher qualifications and any professional training they receive. You will also want to ensure that teacher-child ratios are maintained; these point to the quality of care and individualized attention your child will get.
- How Do You Approach Parental Involvement and Communication? Ask about whether children receive a daily progress report, whether there is a newsletter, and how parents can be involved in special programs at the school. Rosewood Academy keeps parents up to date with activities and events through regular communication and social media.
- What Extra-Curricular Activities Do You Offer? Many preschools offer extra-curricular programs that enrich your child’s learning experience. To complement their curriculum, Rosewood Academy offers Montessori elements, educational field trips and an engaging physical education program.
Rosewood Academy makes it simple to schedule a tour: simply go online and complete this form so you can see their preschool curriculum in action. For more information, visit them online and on Facebook . You can also call the Dallas location at (469) 522-3739 , the Frisco location at (469) 287-8076 , and the Carrollton location at ( 972) 512-9880 today.
A lifetime love of learning starts at a young age. That’s why Rosewood Academy , a preschool that blends Montessori methods with traditional early childhood education, aims to foster a passion for reading in little ones by sharing stories that fit their developing cognitive abilities. With locations in Dallas, Frisco, and Carrollton, TX, Rosewood Academy wants to recommend the best preschool-appropriate books, so parents can continue early childhood education methods at home:
- “Harold And The Purple Crayon,” By Crockett Johnson: Rosewood Academy suggests having this longtime childhood favorite book in every preschool library. Not only will the story tickle your child’s funny bone, it will also spur their imagination, helping them in art classes and creative activities at Rosewood Academy.
- “Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day,” By Judith Viorst: People of all ages can relate to this story about a day when everything goes wrong. Rosewood Academy suggests reading it to students in preschool to help them remember to see the bright side, even when things go wrong.
- “Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?,” By Bill Martin Jr. & Eric Carle: Another classic for preschool curriculum, this illustrated story engages pre-kindergarteners in the world around them. It will also help expand on important concepts such as observational skills and creativity, which are important components of the early childhood education program at Rosewood Academy.
The preschool program at Rosewood Academy includes a structured curriculum in arts and academics to provide students with the confidence and skills they need for school. The child care center also offers programs for students ranging from infants to 12-year-olds. If you’re looking for a high-quality preschool center, call the Dallas location at (469) 522-3755 , the Frisco location at (469) 605-2437 , or the Carrollton location at (972) 810-6597 . You can also visit their website for more information.
Childhood experts agree that preschool plays an important role in developing and enhancing cognitive and social skills. Brain development is especially rapid during the first five years in a child’s life. When a child uses all five of their senses, neural connections are made in the brain, affecting the way the child thinks, feels, and reacts, now and in the future.
Rosewood Academy , which has preschools in Carrollton, Dallas, and Frisco, Texas, offers excellent programs for infants through 5-year-olds. The highly trained teachers and administrators know how important preschool is for the development of children both socially and academically. Here are five reasons why children should go to preschool:
Preschool Promotes Language, Cognitive, & Motor Skills: Children who attend preschool have richer vocabularies and stronger math and reading skills. Infants at Rosewood Academy begin learning pre-literacy skills as early as 6 weeks. In the Toddlers Program, they learn American Sign Language. In the Primary and Preschool curriculum, they learn Spanish. Early learning such as this positively affects brain structure.
- Preschool Promotes Positive Social Development: At Rosewood Academy, children in the Toddlers Program engage in small-group activities. It’s an opportunity for them to learn to share, follow instructions, and build relationships. Children learn how to work out their own problems, but a friendly instructor is there to intervene when necessary. They have a headstart in social development and positive behavior.
- Preschool Promotes Emotional Development: Kids build self-confidence and self-worth in preschool. They discover they are capable of things. They learn to take care of themselves and others. Preschool also helps children explore and experiment. At Rosewood Academy, children in the Pre-kindergarten Program focus on self-esteem and social skills.
- Preschool Prepares Children For Kindergarten: In preschool, children learn how to raise their hands, take turns, and interact with the teacher and other students. They are filled with curiosity, which positively impacts their academic performance. Preschool builds a desire to learn well past pre-kindergarten.
- Preschool Curriculum Benefits Children Into Adulthood: Children who go to preschool are less likely to need government assistance, less likely to drop out of high school, and less likely to commit a felony. They are more likely to go to college and more likely to own a home.
Developing a strong foundation in the early years can lead to long term achievement, success, and happiness. The qualified teachers and administrators at Rosewood Academy believe strongly in Rosewood’s vision and goals for children.
In addition to preschool programs, Rosewood Academy also offers after-school programs and summer and winter camps. For more information about the programs offered, visit the Rosewood Academy website . To schedule a tour and to meet the teachers, call (469) 522-3755 for the Dallas location, (469) 605-2437 for Frisco, and (972) 810-6597 for Carrollton.
The talented staff at Rosewood Academy in our Carrollton, Dallas and Frisco locations, promote education outside of the classroom whenever possible, and pride themselves on providing a nurturing, creative environment for children to play and learn. The holiday season means children of all ages are home from school, and if wanting to encourage learning while children are on break from preschool, check out a few ideas for your pre-kindergarten kiddies:
- December Holidays: Teach your children about holidays from different cultures. Numerous holidays are observed in December in addition to Christmas, including Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and the Winter Solstice. If interested in broadening your children’s holiday horizons, consider creating traditional dishes together, reading books about December holidays during story time, or finding crafts centered around various celebrations.
- Holiday Questions: Find answers to holiday traditions, such as “Why do we hang stockings by the fireplace?” and “Who made the first candy cane and why?” Ask your children if they have any questions about Christmas traditions they’d like answered, and use assorted books and reputable websites to learn more about the celebrated holiday.
- Nature-Centered Crafts: Instill a love of nature in little ones by taking walks on nearby nature trails. Pick up fallen twigs, evergreen sprigs, and anything else that contributes to a “natural” Christmas tree. Remember to only use fallen objects, and create crafts for the Christmas tree in your home. If your property features an evergreen, consider having the children decorate it with their crafts.
- Community Service: Discuss the importance of giving back and helping the community with your kids. Talk about the many ways they can “be Santa” for others, and see if they don’t come up with their own ideas, such as donating presents to needy families.
These are just some of the ways to emphasize educational fun during the holidays. Talk about options with staff at our Carrollton, Frisco or Dallas area preschools, and know you’re doing your part to keep young minds stimulated when not at school.
For more on Rosewood’s preschool curriculum, extra curricular activities and community involvement, please contact Rosewood Academy today. Call (972) 512-9880 , or visit our website .
Rosewood Academy is the premier preschool in Carrollton, Dallas, and Frisco, TX. Offering early childhood education opportunities for children ages six weeks to five years, these experienced instructors have the resources and the skills to prepare your kids for elementary school and beyond. If you’re looking for quality childcare in the local community, contact Rosewood Academy to give your kid the jumpstart that they need at such an early age.
Should I celebrate the holidays with my children? To discover how participating in holiday events is important for your child’s growth, check out the following benefits, brought to you by the early childhood education experts at Rosewood Academy:
- Traditions & Values: When you celebrate the holidays with your kids, they learn about important traditions and values shared by people in their community. Additionally, learning about these holidays provides children with a great opportunity to learn about the rich cultural history behind each and every occasion.
- Family & Friends: Regardless of what holiday it is, there is usually one common thread that makes all celebrations inherently similar, which is their social element. Show your children how to celebrate the holidays and watch as they strengthen bonds with family members and build long-lasting friendships with their peers.
- Multicultural Education: While all people don’t celebrate the same holidays, each and every occasion provides an opportunity to explain to your kids the differences between people of different nationalities, religions, and races. Some people use this as a time to experience other culture’s traditions while others prefer to learn more about these from an “outsider’s” perspective.
No matter what holidays your family celebrates, everyone is more than welcome at Rosewood Academy . To learn more about their preschool program and specifics about early childhood education for your child, contact these experienced teachers at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) , (469) 287-8076 (Frisco) , or (972) 512-9880 ( Carrollton). You can also visit their website for more details.
When you’re looking for the best early childhood education options for your child, researching daycare centers and preschools can be overwhelming. Each school has its own philosophy and practices, and finding the perfect Dallas location is often a challenge.
Fortunately, Rosewood Academy has schools in Dallas, Frisco and Carrollton for convenient access to high-quality early childhood education. Highly qualified and caring teachers use a traditional preschool curriculum combined with Montessori elements, to support a well-rounded education that includes language and literacy development, early math skills, fine arts and physical education.
Not sure if Rosewood Academy is right for your child? There are plenty of glowing testimonials from happy Texas families. Anna L. of Frisco loves how much her son has learned. “Our son has learned more than we could have imagined, and all of the staff is so loving and attentive to each child. We couldn’t have picked a better place to send him.”
As Casey H. notes, Rosewood wants the parents to be just as involved as the children. “Rosewood’s commitment to family and providing great opportunities for parents to be involved in is just another reason that we can’t imagine a better place to entrust the care of our little one.”
Parents and children alike love the facilities and learn so much: “The new Rosewood Academy in Dallas is beautiful and clean, and the teachers are very knowledgeable and attentive. My daughter loves going to Rosewood and I have seen such a drastic improvement in her focus, math skills, and even her overall behavior!” – Stacy A., Carrollton
Mark T. of Dallas agrees, and notes how accomodating the preschool is: “Both of our kids are learning much more than we had hoped, and I love that my oldest is even learning sign language! My wife was concerned about going back to work and leaving our youngest, especially since she isn’t formula fed, but Rosewood has a private nursing room that allows her to breastfeed our daughter easily and comfortably.”
To find out more about why Rosewood Academy is a great choice for Dallas area families, and to learn more about their great curriculum, call or visit their website . To schedule a tour, call the Dallas school at (469) 522-3755 , the Frisco school at (469) 605-2437 , or the Carrollton school at (972) 810-6597 .
Rosewood Academy is a beacon in early childhood education. With three locations in Texas—Carrollton, Frisco and Dallas—this preschool offers comprehensive childcare services for children who aren’t yet old enough to begin kindergarten. If you’re looking for an upstanding preschool in your community, schedule a visit at Rosewood Academy today.
How can I socialize my child? Rosewood Academy is here to help. Based on current studies in early childhood education, check out the following ways in which child care services promote proper social development in children, brought to you by Rosewood Academy:
- Gain Social Skills: When your child attends Rosewood Academy, they learn the necessary social skills to thrive in school, make long-lasting friendships and transition from maternal care to the non-domestic environment.
- Prepare For Kindergarten: In order for children to properly adjust to elementary school, parents can get a head start on socializing their kids by enrolling them in a high-quality daycare center like Rosewood Academy.
- Decrease Problem Behaviors: Studies have shown that children that don’t get an opportunity to socialize before elementary school can possess fewer social skills, poorer work habits, and conflictive attitudes.
- Eliminate Attachment Insecurity: If you think you’re doing your child a favor by giving them all of your love and attention, think again. When you enroll your child in Rosewood Academy, you’re giving them the tools that they need to succeed as an individual by placing them outside of their comfort zone.
To learn more about the early childhood education programs at Rosewood Academy , visit them online , or call their office today at (469) 522-3739 (Dallas), (469) 605-2437 (Frisco) or (972) 810-6597 (Carrollton).
Your little ones are boundless wells of energy—playing, exploring, jumping, dancing, tumbling, and getting back up. Because early childhood is a crucial period of physical development, it’s important to encourage your kids to engage these energetic impulses and find active outlets to help them keep moving and developing their fine and gross motor skills. At the Rosewood Academy daycare center and preschool in Texas, fun physical activity is a major part of everyday early childhood education.
Read on to learn three ways to encourage healthy physical development at home, from the child care professionals at Rosewood Academy:
- Make Time For Exercise: Be sure that movement and physical activity play a regular role in your family routine. Taking a family walk, building forts, and staging relay races are all fun ways to get the whole family moving.
- Get Loud: Quiet time is an important part of childhood—and a sanity-saver for parents—but noise is a healthy part of play, and kids need the freedom to indulge in occasional noisy, vigorous playtime to burn off energy.
- Limit Screen Time: Kids today are surrounded by screens of all sizes, from TVs to tablets. Unfortunately, the sedentary lifestyle associated with these various devices has overtaken the vibrant lifestyle kids need. Placing limits on screen time will have a positive effect on children, encouraging them to get up and seek other more active pastimes.
Rosewood Academy is proud to serve the Dallas area with top-quality preschool curriculum blending Montessori and traditional early childhood education styles. To learn more, call the preschool daycare center at (972) 512-9880 (Carrollton), (469) 522-3739 (Dallas) or (469) 287-8076 (Frisco), or visit their website .
If you are looking to give your child a foundation of academic success, Rosewood Academy offers students of all ages the opportunity to make new friends, explore new ideas, and take part in engaging lessons that embrace their creativity and critical thinking skills. In terms of child development, young education is crucial in shaping the health, happiness, growth, and achievement potential. There’s a reason that people say young minds are like sponges, the first five years of life are a time of accelerated learning. Research has proven time and again that early experiences create a foundation that serves as the baseline for future organizational development and general day-to-day functioning. If your child is five or under, they are having experiences that will shape their social and emotional abilities for the rest of their lives.
As a parent, you can help create an environment in which your child can really nurture their talents and interests. Luckily, our staff is here to help you do just that! When your register your little one in our early education programs, we will cover everything from physical skills, problem-solving, language and literacy activities, vocabulary practice, sign language, and more. Our methodologies make it possible for children to become more independent, self-confident, socially capable, free-thinking, and well-rounded students; these skills will not only serve them during early development but in every future lesson that pops up both in and out of the classroom.
If you would like to learn more about the importance of early childhood development, we would love to hear from you. For answers to all your questions, and more information on our curriculum, reach out to us here , and we will get back to you shortly. We look forward to giving your child an unforgettable educational experience that will promote a love of learning for the rest of their lives.